Solar Energy for Agriculture
Harvesting the Sun
The Van Wall Group has been a innovative leader in creating genuine value for agriculture operations across the Midwest through variable rate technology, precision farming practices, and more. We believe solar energy can be a natural extension of this revenue optimization model. By leveraging your existing land and buildings, solar energy can provide significant returns on investment that can positively impact the profitability and sustainability of your farm operation.
Here are some of the reasons farmers across the Midwest are adding solar energy to their operations:
- Custom designed for your operation: Our systems are specifically designed and scaled to your electrical needs.
- Protect your operation from rising energy costs in the future. Instead of remaining vulnerable to ever-increasing price of energy, solar provides your operation with a reliable, cost-effective, and stable energy solution.
- Gain energy independence with power that pays you. Solar energy is a completely passive source of power and income: as long as the sun is shining, the panels are producing energy. Every kilowatt-hour (kWh) your solar system produces is a direct offset to one you would have purchased from your electric company. For many operations this is a reduction in cost from $.12 to $.03 per kWh.
- Dependable power for 30+ years. Solar panels are a great investment into the long-term value and viability of your farm. With grants, tax incentives, and an attractive depreciation rules, solar equipment provides financial benefits over the long term. Think of it as long term investment in the future for your family and your farm.
- No change in your current system. Our grid-connected solar panels integrate into your current electrical system seamlessly so in most cases there is no need for extensive or expensive modifications. We can leverage your existing assets by installing panels on the ground, barns, livestock buildings, or machine sheds.
- Low maintenance costs. Solar panel technology has been proven over years of experience. With no moving parts there is very little ongoing maintenance cost.
Fill out the information below and one of our specialists will follow up with you.